Rachael McCallum's Unicorn Spew,

Rachael McCallum's UnicornSpew ~The online journal of Artness as-it-happens.


Thursday 22 May 2014

resin reinforcements

this big boy needed to be reinforced,  I thought I heard a creak, and so action needs to be taken !

This is the back of Chemistry Scribble#1
2013, getting a facelift. Its casting resin - to soak into the bare and porous earthenware surface,  joining every little mysterious hairline crack together.

It has been a long time since I used resin, but I luckily had great success with this project. Youd think the ratio "100:50" were simple enough....  And they were,  but I was just nervous about it all and have been putting it off.

There is a mosquito in the resin somewhere as well, it was stunned and fell into the mix...

I dont think the resin takes anything away from the idea of the piece- it is against the wall and out of sight, so if I wasn't showing you now, how could you know?

It's nice to see this soft side of the clay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment