Rachael McCallum's Unicorn Spew,

Rachael McCallum's UnicornSpew ~The online journal of Artness as-it-happens.


Saturday 10 May 2014

back to the table, happenings...

'Back to the Table' is a problem. 

Its an excellent idea for a ceramics-focused emerging artist exhibition. 
So maybe I should rephrase that, Its my problem. My ceramics dont respect the table the way tableware does...

So my tactic is to re-present the table.

The table space, a place of spatial arrangements, of meaning and traditions.... so naturally I got the whole lot - made cups and plates, and made my own arrangements ! 

The exquisite skills necessary to make tableware are developed over years of practice and study. I am happy to say, mine are not anywhere in that league of skill.... mine are far more superficial in intention and function. 

Here are some action photos, of what is developing; I found some kitchen benches and tabletops..... and have prepped them for hanging ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment