Rachael McCallum's Unicorn Spew,

Rachael McCallum's UnicornSpew ~The online journal of Artness as-it-happens.


Tuesday 18 September 2012

I am struggling with different hanging methods as you may be able to tell from the varieties appearing. This piece, #6,  requires a chain to hang from or bolts into a wall. I am considering sewing this piece into a large cushion, but I am not certain. As it is now, I like the colours and composition, but something lacks. The edge is unfinished perhaps? the focus is the explostion of colour form the bottom left lump of glaze, and to make sure i dont lose colur, perhaps a grey or white lounge cushion would suffice? I think I will wait until the world serves me the perfect one...

Ceramic painting #6 (unframed) approximate dimensions; 35x30x3cm. Terracotta earthenware; glazes fired 1080.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment