Rachael McCallum's Unicorn Spew,

Rachael McCallum's UnicornSpew ~The online journal of Artness as-it-happens.


Friday 25 July 2014

There is something about this collection of objects, shapes and patterns that still fascinates me.

Its so casual.

SO bright

its drawing through space and itself.

A line is recognized as an object,

shading is recognizably actual shadow.

No illusion, very naked

Why do I like the Exposed naked quality ? - not sure, will have to work on my fixation with honesty

Not illustrating an image of anything, yet it is something - objects. No illusion, not abstract, but irrelevant and absurd connections.

Absurd - Careless - random? not random, it was choreographed...

I'm not looking to make a direct meaning, just bring together fragments of life as I find them in my favour. I pick things. Collect things. Combine. They are flowing towards me and past me in time. I arrange and hold them for a moment for a photo and now it is made as one in a photograph.

Photographs can do that - make something look whole within the space, when in real life it may not appear resolved....

thoughts of the day  -  I wonder if that refining/ framing quality of photography is what makes me fond of this piece / nostalgia?

You miss the shadow potential when there is not objects. That is a loss of depth, I think the photo is a souvenir of the real, that is all it can be.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment