Rachael McCallum's Unicorn Spew,

Rachael McCallum's UnicornSpew ~The online journal of Artness as-it-happens.


Friday 7 December 2012

Babies in a blender

This was/is a stack of  rejected thrown bowls and cups that I sliced a quarter off to keep. I painted glaze faces on with an untested black glaze but it became mucked up so I just mixed it all together and made it areas of pattern and non pattern. I called it babies because they are things made by someone, like children, but rejected in a disposable way , disposable like passing joke or comments about awful kids. But mash it all together and it is a black mass of insult... I'm  not sure if I explained that right but you can always ask :-)

How excellent are the white spots in the blue glaze !?! I love this technique now...

No comments:

Post a Comment