Rachael McCallum's Unicorn Spew,

Rachael McCallum's UnicornSpew ~The online journal of Artness as-it-happens.


Thursday 21 February 2013

How I'm keeping texture within clay

Its a fine thing, to see all the forms of dirt, in all its textures within clay... but preservation is key when you enjoy natural phenomena.
So I like raw clay...
And I have a sponge, 
Ill use em to preserve!

So ... taking baby steps here,  I made a surface I liked and found interesting with potential places of pool and dry of future glazes,
Then let it dry a bit (Vaguely,  a journata);
Then carved out the back to :
A; be lighter
B; not warp

And hopefully c; dry faster
But leaves open issue D; that it will dry, and shrink unevenly

Thanks sponge for absorbing the weight changes gently and keeping the immediate atmosphere stable for the precious clay to slowly cool :)
Next these will be painted on, but depending on size require weeks to dry :/

No comments:

Post a Comment