Rachael McCallum's Unicorn Spew,

Rachael McCallum's UnicornSpew ~The online journal of Artness as-it-happens.


Tuesday 4 December 2012

Soft palette

So this is a collection of effect that I have discovered at stoneware temperatures. It's also an experiment to see if I could construct a well of glaze to make different levels or depths of glass.... a tool I may play with next year.

There are underglaze colours used to keep the overall scheme bright, I'm not interested in dark atm. When overlapping with the white satin and the extraordinary peach bloom I found in "Ceramics' Art and Perception"( i dont recall the issue), the effect is a bubbly, fun, energy. To me it gives information and is pretty for everyone else. We can get different things out of it, and hopefully it inspires people who see it to think about materials in a new way- why not hang on the wall an change the direction of gravity?? , why not splatter and scratch with your materials to give details or movement? Even if this wasn't ceramics, or even art , but was  cake decoration or furniture- isn't it beautiful when there is a variety ? :-)

Every day and everything has its quirks , it's changes, differences, faults and  perfections- but combine them and it's just right.

You have to hate one part in order to enjoy another.

Do I make sense or am I ranting??

No comments:

Post a Comment