Rachael McCallum's Unicorn Spew,

Rachael McCallum's UnicornSpew ~The online journal of Artness as-it-happens.


Sunday 2 December 2012

Blood diamond!!

This is a mantle piece. Just for shelves. The back is pretty cool too.

The whole thing about the self standing pieces started cause I wanted to have paintings that didn't risk falling to the ground. They don't have to be on the wall..  they can just be paintings. Like a photo can be a photo  in a frame. Luckily these don't need a frame or a stand or anything, they are the whole deal. I learnt that these "handles" are strongest when they are a loop, of course.

The diamond shape is soo interesting, I am glad I did it, it is the only one which I did end up making this kind of sideways.

I had to do it sometime...

The cadmium red is blood-like  
And by firing it sideways I get a blood drool going up the wall !!

No comments:

Post a Comment